As your Niles Rotary Vocational Service Chair, I want to bring President Audrey’s vision of how the Rotary Vocational Service program will enhance our current membership and how this program can act as a tool to evoke conversation amongst members and bring more business engagement to our club!
HOW ARE WE GOING TO ACHIEVE THIS:
- Creating a “Rotarian owned” Business list. As Niles Rotary members, when we seek services or products, it would be such an advantage to use our OWN MEMBERS businesses!! Not only are you helping out your fellow Rotarians, you are building goodwill and better friendships!
- Setup a “Recognition Program” for local business owners! As Rotarians and our quest to spread the Four Way Test, we can get our community more aware and involved in Rotary. We will create a “recognition” to those businesses that commit to run their day to day operations practicing the Four Way Test.
- Set up an interclub “Coffee with a Rotarian.” This will be especially helpful for new Rotarians to have a facilitated sit down with other Rotarians who may be in the same field as them or in a field that they may benefit with each other’s services. If you want to connect with someone, just let me know and we will make it happen.
- As a business owner, if you have a topic of discussion that you would benefit from other Rotarian Business owner input, let’s put together a Zoom or in person meeting to discuss the issue. It could be as simple as, “How to increase online sales” to “Tips for benefiting from Covid 19 business relief programs.”
WHAT DOES VOCATIONAL SERVICES MEAN TO OUR CLUB:
Rotary was built under the ideal of local business owners getting together to network and make their community a better place. We have a great community that can only get better. Vocational Services is a way to introduce people and businesses to Rotary. After all, it is President Audrey’s goal to “Grow Rotary”…so let’s help her do that!
HOW CAN YOU PARTICIPATE?
- If you meet a business owner who is already practicing the Four Way test or has that Rotarian heart, invite them to a meeting!
- If you see someone in our club that would be a good business partner for one of our other members, please reach out!
- If you want to assist in “facilitating” interclub coffee meet ups, please advise as I can always use the help!
- Any other amazing ideas that you may have, please bring them to the table. This is OUR CLUB.
Kimberly MacFarlane, Vocational Service Chair